Raw Pesto Zucchini Pasta
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Basil, Spinach or Coriander, very tightly packed
- 1/2 cup Parsley, very tightly packed (parsley helps keep the pesto from turning brown)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice or to taste
- 3-5 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Light White Miso Paste (cheesy taste)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts or omega-3-rich Walnuts (walnuts should be soaked for 8 hours and rinsed well)
- 4 Zucchinis made into angel hair pasta using a Spiral Slicer or 1-2 packages of kelp noodles rinsed well in hot water to soften
- Place the herbs in the bottom of the blender or food processor then add remainder of ingredients.
- Blend or puree until smooth but so it still has a little bit of texture (don't totally liquefy it)
- Salt your zucchini noodles before you add the sauce to prevent them from getting too watery. Just add 1/2 tsp. salt to the bowl of "noodles" and then let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spin well in a salad spinner or towel dry them before adding the sauce.
- Top the noodles with the pesto, stir and serve.
- You may want to cut the noodles with a scissors for ease of eating and serving.
- The pesto will keep in a glass jar for 1 week or more refrigerated.
- Do not mix with noodles if you plan on keeping the pesto for more than a day.
- Pesto is also great as a spread on crackers or thinned with water and used as a salad dressing.
- You can also store these Pesto covered noodles for up to 4 days in your fridge, so if it's just you, you can snack on this for a few days!
- I never get tired of pesto. and the greens are so alkalizing and energizing. A great raw food staple.
Loving Gift http://lovinggift.com.au/